As the cost of education continues to rise, fewer people will be able to achieve the knowledge based careers need to obtain jobs which pay decent salaries, allow for better quality of life, and the opportunity to pursue their version of the American Dream.
We also see a rising number of college grads and drop outs struggling with debt burden. This is NOT the time to exacerbate the situation by increasing the cost of college in our state.
As a proud CUNY graduate, I would like to see other New Yorkers have the same or better educational opportunities than the ones I had, not fewer.
Dear Friends & Community Members,
Despite the number of jobs created over the last few years following the recessions, many of our friends, neighbors, family and even ourselves remain unemployed or under-employed. It is my belief that a well paid job is essential to being able to afford housing in our ever more expensive City, and it is also essential to the pursuit of your personal American Dream.
The purpose of my monthly Jobs Newsletter is to both keep you and our communities abreast of job opportunities as they become available and educate others on the jobs situation in our country. Below you’ll find highlights from the Jobs Report and a listing of jobs available.
If you know of any jobs opportunities that our community members can apply for please send them to us at the contact below.
“President Obama, who expressed frustration that he has not received the credit he feels he deserves for the country’s improving economy, said the jobs numbers were further signs of progress.”
During the last few months of the Bush Presidency the United States was loosing over 700k jobs every month, now we create around 200k per month. From the time of President Obama’s election in 2008, over 9million jobs have been created in the United States. This Has brought our unemployment rate from a staggering peak of about 10% to 4.9%.
According to many economist, at this point anyone who wants a job should be able to find it. That is some good news, but can we find well paid jobs is another matter.
See link for full New York Times article: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/06/business/economy/jobs-report-unemployment-january-fed-interest-rates.html?_r=0
CITY OF NEW YORK - Civil Service Exams - City wide: All Boroughs
- Corrections officer
- environment police officer
- school safety agent
- special officer
- Traffic enforcement agent
Postgraduate Center for Mental Health - Non- Profit - City wide: All Boroughs
- Program supervisor - http://www.pgcmh.org/careers/ProgSuper.htm
- Property Manager - http://www.pgcmh.org/careers/PropM.htm
- Care Coordinator- health home - http://www.pgcmh.org/careers/HHCCJD.htm
- Outreach & Engagement specialist - http://www.pgcmh.org/careers/OESpec.htm
- Front Desk Counselor - http://www.pgcmh.org/careers/FDC.htm
- Administrative Assistant - http://www.pgcmh.org/careers/AA2015.htm
- Part-time Porter - http://www.pgcmh.org/careers/PorterPartTimeMarch2015.htm
- Building Supervisor- http://www.pgcmh.org/careers/Building%20Superintendent.htm
PRIDE HEALTH - Private Sector - City Wide: All boroughs
- Registered Nurse http://www.pride-healthcare.com/DisplayNewJobDetail.aspx?JobTitleID=14848
- Registered Nurse Case Manager http://www.pride-healthcare.com/DisplayNewJobDetail.aspx?JobTitleID=14851
- Case Manager http://www.pride-healthcare.com/DisplayNewJobDetail.aspx?JobTitleID=14871
- Medical Assistant http://www.pride-healthcare.com/DisplayNewJobDetail.aspx?JobTitleID=14809
- Direct Care Professional (Home Health Aide) http://www.pride-healthcare.com/DisplayNewJobDetail.aspx?JobTitleID=14860
- Case Planner http://www.pride-healthcare.com/DisplayNewJobDetail.aspx?JobTitleID=14857
BEST BUY - Private Sector - Brooklyn, NY- Atlantic Center Mall
- Asset Protection Associate - http://www.bestbuy-jobs.com/job-detail/?id=370308BR
- Mobile Sales consultant - http://www.bestbuy-jobs.com/job-detail/?id=370302BR
- Sales consultant lifestyle http://www.bestbuy-jobs.com/job-detail/?id=370292BR
- connected devices sales consultant - http://www.bestbuy-jobs.com/job-detail/?id=370285BR
- customer service specialist - http://www.bestbuy-jobs.com/job-detail/?id=370295BR
- inventory specialist - http://www.bestbuy-jobs.com/job-detail/?id=370298BR
- merchandise specialist - http://www.bestbuy-jobs.com/job-detail/?id=370300BR
- multi-channel sales associates – http://www.bestbuy-jobs.com/job-detail/?id=370280BR
- sales consultant- computers - http://www.bestbuy-jobs.com/job-detail/?id=370290BR
- sales consultant- home theater - http://www.bestbuy-jobs.com/job-detail/?id=370287BR
APPLES BEES - Private sector - Multiple locations in Brooklyn
- Server Assistant
"President Obama edged closer Saturday to declaring the shooting in San Bernardino, Calif., that killed 14 people a terrorist attack, but stuck to his prescription that the answer to preventing such tragedies was gun limits.
“It is entirely possible that these two attackers were radicalized to commit this act of terror,” Mr. Obama said in his weekly radio address, broadcast a day after the F.B.I. declared that it was treating the massacre as an act of terror. “And if so, it would underscore a threat we’ve been focused on for years — the danger of people succumbing to violent extremist ideologies.”"
See full article: